This weekend I tried my hand at some homemade DIY treats that will make your four-legged friends love you even more!
I always walk by those expensive doggy bakeries and wonder why can’t I do that? My goal was to make it happen! Armed with a two page list of dog friendly ingredients, I had plans to make 5 different treats from scratch. The holiday madness started to get to me in the store so I quickly grabbed the goods to make one variety and found an enticing DIY dog treat kit. I thought, why not… someone has to try these!
After a few hours with two very anxious dogs and a helpful husband, voilà! Find out more about these treats below!
Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Cups
Charlie + Mina Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Furr Mom Rating: 3 out of 5
– These can be preserved in the freezer for a long time.
– Dogs can enjoy them frozen or thawed
– Would be nice for a summer treat
– Very simple to make
– Easy to find ingredients
– Somewhat messy if the dogs push them around the floor before eating…
– They need to be stored flat in your freezer. If your freezer looks anything like mine, space is hard to come by.
1 cup peanut butter
1 32 oz container of plain yogurt
Step 1: Melt peanut butter
Step 2: Mix peanut butter and yogurt until creamy
Step 3: Portion mixture into lined cupcake pans
Step 4: Place cupcake pan in the freezer
Step 5: Once the mixture is frozen solid, pop out of the cupcake wrappers and let your doggies enjoy!
DIY Box Kit Dog Bones
Charlie + Mina Rating: 3 out of 5
Furr Mom Rating: 4 out of 5
– Extremely easy
– Comes with a cookie cutter for future use
– Easy to store in a tupperware
– not messy for the dogs to eat
– only requires water and oil
– more expensive
– Have to find the kit to purchase it
– Must bake for almost an hour – time consuming
– Dog biscuit mix
– 1 cup water
– 1.5 tbsp oil
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325
Step 2: Mix the mix, the water, and oil together
Step 3: Using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat to about an inch thick
Step 4: Cut shapes out using a cookie cutter
Step 5: Place cookies on pan about 2 inches apart an place in oven
Step 6: After 45 minutes take cookies out and place on cooling racks
Step 7: Once completely cooled, its yum yum time!
After all of the baking, the dogs were ready to help clean up! They gave the days activities an A+!